Anyone that has been into internet marketing for any length of time has heard the saying: ‘The money is in the list’. Savvy internet marketers agree that one of the easiest ways to grow and KEEP a list of prospects is by publishing a high quality, informative online newsletter at set intervals.
Publishing an online newsletter will help you to:
• Establish yourself as an expert in your chosen niche – By establishing yourself as an expert in your niche, your prospects will assume you are a reliable source for the information they are looking for.
• Build credibility – If you have a high level of credibility, people will be more apt to believe that you are able to provide the answer to the problem that they are having.
• Build a rapport with your subscribers – Building rapport is one of the most fundamental sales techniques. If you build a rapport with your readers, you will be able to build a relationship with them quicker and also gain their trust and confidence. Rapport is a powerful tool that will enable you to close more deals with less effort.
• Build a relationship with your existing and potential customers – People tend to purchase from those they know and trust. By building a relationship with your audience, you will find it is much easier to sell your products or services to them.
• Have a direct line of communication with your prospects – Opening a line of communication will allow you to ask your readers a multitude of questions. For example, you could ask them what information they are looking for. If you have an open line of communication with your subscribers, they will be more willing to respond to anything you ask them about. For example, you might send them a survey asking what kind of information they are looking for. You would then know exactly what your next product or service should be about.
• Provide information about your niche – People are always looking for information that will benefit them. Providing quality information about your chosen niche via your newsletter will not only benefit your prospects, but will also benefit you as you will be the person they go to for answers to their questions. Which you will provide them with through your products and services.
• Increase awareness of your business – In the movie, ‘A Field of Dreams’, one of the most famous lines was; ‘Build it and they will come’. But that doesn’t happen in real life. You need to make people aware of your business and what you are offering.
• Have a way to introduce new products and services to your prospects – If you have a list of prospects, you have an audience you can promote to over and over again. While you may still need to invest in some paid advertising, a receptive list of prospects that you have built a rapport and have a relationship with, will be very lucrative as well as cost effective.
• Be able to raise money quickly whenever you want – If you have an emergency, or are short on cash for whatever reason, sending an offer to your list of subscribers enables you to raise funds quickly and without needing to setup a time consuming adverting campaign.